Saturday, July 26, 2008

Greek Festival

The Greek Festival was fun today they had Gyros sandwiches that are made of lamb and beef blend. They are slices of meat on pita or flat bread with onions and a sour cream cucumber sauce and sliced onions and usually they have a little bit of fresh tomato on them. But not today I don't know why maybe the tomato scare of the salmonella. Or they where being cheap but the were still good. They had Greek baked goods most had honey on them and made with phyllo dough and all kinds of filling. It did wonders for my diet. I will have to walk and walk to work today off at the Greek Festival. This is why I don't loose weight, yesterday I ate half of a cantaloupe I just do not have much self control. Oh well tomorrow is another day.

Oh yes about the baked goods there they had a whole table of them so of course I got all 12 kinds. But I shared them all with my daughter and husband and we got to have a taste of them all when we got home.

They also had marinated pork on a spit and it was seasoned and was so tender and it was served on flat bread. So we shared that sandwich too.

Then they also had smelt that were breaded and deep fat fried. They were good a little fishy tasting but good. My daughter said yuck and would not eat them. She thought they looked like little guppies in our fish tank.

They had fresh squeezed lemon aide and I just drank the bottled water I had brought from home. See how good I was, every little bit helps I guess.

There was a Greek lady there selling pretty jewelry it was very nice and I told here maybe I would have Cruise Party along with her Jewelry. My job is that I sell cruises for all the cruise lines and I am just getting started. So maybe that would work I do have her card and she gave me hers but she is pretty pushy but maybe I need to be more like her. My daughter already thinks I am pushy enough.

It was a great day even if it did rain and hail in the town next to us while we were there we were together. We also stopped by one of my girlfriends that I have known since she was 16. We looked at her flower garden and she gave us some seedling. My daughter is happy to get some of them.

No comments: