Friday, July 11, 2008

Multiple Sclerosis Part 4

Well here is more on MS. On my last Blog I talked about what is orphan drug. I think they call it that until all the research is done, the medicine is very expensive. Then it is still high until the research is paid for. Betaseron cost me 998.00 per month. Which my insurance payed for. Don't worry if you don't have money they go by what you are able to pay. When the drug research is paid for the price goes down I guess.
Betaseron therapy can result in fewer symptoms. People who took the recommended dose of Betaseron over a two-year period experienced a 31% annual reduction in symptoms.

Betaseron is generally well tolerated but side effects do occur, mainly at the beginning of therapy. These side effects can me managed easily. The most common include.

Irritations such as redness, swelling, itching, and pain at the injection sites

Flue like symptoms such as fever, chills, sweating, and malaise

Fatigue of muscle aches

Side effects are easier to accept when you understand the long term benefits of Betaseron and side effects typically decrease. In most people , these discomforts gradually disappear within one to three months.

You can take Tylenol or put Ice on the injection site I always take it at night and then I sleep thr through the symptoms.

When you know the good things the medicens will do it is worth all of it.

There is a 24 hour Hot line to ask questions about information about what to expect from Betaseron 1-800-788-1467

I did very well on betaseron for many years and so glad I took it. Please do not be afraid.
It is a shot you take three times a week.

There is many medicines to take for MS that was was not available years ago.

The most important thing is do what they tell you.
Never miss your shot
I stay away from things that I know bother me
Some of them I have found
Stay away from paint and varnish fumes symptoms I had was in my feet the bottom felt like I was walking on rocks and after many weeks it felt like wet sand paper I still feel the wet sand for at least the last 15 years. I just ignore it It is just wet sand know much better than rocks.!!!!
Hair spray and Hair dye bothers me some times
Hot humid weather symptom of this can be Diarrhea
This is just a few of the things that can happen but allot go away and some things don't .
That is why you take the medicine every day.
Do not Miss it ever I don't!!!!!!!!!!!!
and I am doing very good

No comments: