Friday, July 11, 2008

Multiple Sclerosis Part 2

To give you more information that I have, I will start with what medicine has been taken. First Cleveland clinc started with Betaseron and Avonex but later was switched to Propaxone, because my liver enzyme elevation was attributed to the Avonex. Clevland Clinc is very good at adjusting medicine when it is needed. They also do not usually switch with what is working.
Bataseron was the medicine I remember and I was on it for quit a long time. And I was so happy to be lucky enough to be diagnosed when I was. However it took many years for the doctors to finally figure it out. I did tell them what I had I had talked to many of my friends who were nurses and told them all my symptoms and the said are you sure you do not have MS. I had some doctors tell me oh know you are to young to have ms. I originally went Cleveland for my high blood pressure so they tried to get that under control. Finally my family doctor tested me with a MRI test they told me to see if I had a tumor on the 8Th nerve of my left ear. I think my doctor kind of knew what I had but you have to get the Instance companies to pay for the test. Anyway sure enough the test came back that I had possible MS. Well believe it or not I was so happy because after all these years I knew they had found the answer. I will tell you the rest of my story in MS #3

No comments: