Thursday, July 10, 2008

Multiple Sclerosis and ME

I was diagnosed with MS 15 years ago and I am doing well. I believe I have had it for the past 40 years or more and nobody was able to diagnosis it.
At 16 I noticed that I was dragging my left leg while trying to ski, and I have been tired ALL my life. Also while I was 16 I had a very severe case of step throat I also had previous cases of scarlatina. I believe that the MS started possibly could have started back when I first got scarlatina when I was in first grade. I know that my entire childhood I was tired, more tired than all my friends.
I was diagnosed at the age of 40 by the Cleveland Clinic to have MS. My symptoms at the time were, High blood pressure, memory problems, weakness on my left side, plus many more.
I have gone through many types of medicine, first with shots of BETASERON this I had to do every other night. I was very fortunate that because I was associated with the Cleveland Clinic doctors, I did not have to be put on the waiting list for the Betaseron and was able to receive it right away. When it first came out the medicine was on a lottery system and not all were able to get it, they were put on the waiting list.

No comments: